G7 Finance Business Partner*
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 25/04/2019
Salary: £51,300 - £58,312 per annum + £4,495 accountancy allowance
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) vision is an economy that works for everyone – with great places in every part of the UK for people to work and for businesses to invest, innovate and grow.
BEIS Finance Business Partners play an important role supporting strategic policy development and managing the department’s finances, ensuring that a high standard of financial discipline is an integral part of the decision-making processes. Through appropriate support and challenge across business groups and partner organisations, they provide senior policy owners, budget holders, directors and Ministers with timely and accurate information on financial plans and spend; and expert business-related advice on value for money, financial management and accounting issues.
As finance professional you will work with a number of senior stakeholders and will be posted flexibly into a range of challenging roles across the function. This is in line with our strategy to grow high potential finance professionals across the BEIS family.
- Support and challenge budget holders and partner organisations constructively on their financial planning and activity to ensure budgets are utilised effectively;
- Provide accurate information and analysis that delivers deeper, valuable insights into the business and enables budget holders to make informed decisions; Inform policy development through advice on the financial implications of spending proposals and policy developments;
- Ensuring a smooth monthly reporting process which provides timely and accurate data to inform Departmental reporting and awareness of emerging risks;
- Maintaining an accurate financial position through the appropriate accounting adjustments, regular journals and reporting;
- Collecting and recording accurate information to support interim and year-end financial account preparation.
- Developing and applying technical accounting/finance knowledge in advice to budgets within the policy area.
- Contributing to the financial advice given to the Groups on new spending decisions and policy developments;
- Advising policy teams on steps needed to satisfy the finance clearance stage of papers including ministerial submissions and business cases;
Candidates should be a fully CCAB qualified accountant with previous experience of business planning or management accounting and strong Excel skills.
* Up to 4 posts