Date posted: 26/04/2019
Salary: c.£43,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has come available for a procurement manager with demonstrable experience of working within public sector procurement environments, to join a not-for-profit organisation. The purpose of this role is to provide professional procurement advice to the organisation and procure and deliver contracts in a compliant manner, whilst maximising value for money.
You will have shared responsibility in setting up robust, best practice processes and procedures and be able to run a range of procurements across a diverse portfolio of categories within a small and welcoming team.
- To run tenders from lower value up to and including OJEU procurement.
- To develop, in consultation with key stakeholders, business cases and reports
- To develop and maintain, in consultation with key stakeholders, Procurement Plans for a wide range of service areas
- To respond to procurement enquiries within the team SLA.
- To support the Procurement Officer in maintaining an up to date Contracts Register and Contract Performance Database through liaison with colleagues and suppliers, whilst ensuring legal compliance and supplier performance
- To develop and continuously improve Procurement and Contract Management Guidance, Templates and Training for Procurement activity in order to support colleagues to carry out their own procurement activity with confidence.
- To conduct and present quarterly spend analysis based on spend date
- To identify and deliver savings through the procurement process and through making improvements to contract management processes.
- Minimum CIPS Level 4 qualified
- Demonstrable experience of high-value competitive tendering and running mini-competitions through Frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of running OJEU procurements.
- Demonstrable experience of contract management.
- Demonstrable evidence of making savings through procurement
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to constructively challenge specifications/ statements of requirements and existing contractual arrangements to ensure Value for Money.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse and present spend data clearly in MS Excel and excellent administration/record keeping skills.
- Ability to write clear reports for senior management sign-off with clear recommendations
- An understanding of the key areas of commercial and contract law, particularly the Public Contract Regulations, 2015.
For an informal and confidential discussion, or to express your interest, please contact Vicky Power on 0203 031 9639 or email@example.com