Date posted: 30/04/2019
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Our London based client have an upcoming requirement for an Enterprise Architect to join on a permanent basis.
Responsible for the maintenance and development of the Technical Reference Architecture that forms the basis of all IT technical development, and delivery in support of the business objectives and requirements ensuring alignment and adhering to the principles of simplification, sharing and re-use.
The IT environment is subject to continuous demands for change, whilst having to maintain compliance with published, audited standards. This will entail being an independent scrutineer of proposed changes.
To also work closely with the IT Customer Service Desk team, but be independent of them. Providing specialist advice on any information security issues and monitoring for evidence of security lapses or risks. Lead on the response to potential or realised IT security incidents.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Leads enterprise-wide architecture and processes to ensure strategic application of change is Embedded in the management of the organisation, ensuring the buy-in of all key stakeholders.
- Ensures that business solutions align to the Technical Reference Architecture to ensure standardisation, simplification, sharing and reuse.
- Responsible for maintaining Technical Standards and Principles and ensuring they are correctly employed in all technical initiatives.
- Lead the delivery of technical innovation through knowledge and application of market and environmental trends and identifying the business benefits of alternative strategies ensuring alignment to the Enterprise Architecture.
- Responsible for providing expert advice and guidance to ensure suppliers and procured products adhere to the Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead approval of technical design to ensure architectural conformance which simplifies implementation and ensures effective service operation/reduced cost.
- Lead systems capability reviews that meets the strategic needs of the business.
- Maintains through knowledge of all statutory and regulatory guidelines which the information and technology security standards must comply with, and ensures compliance.
- Review IT development, prospective system procurement and project plans, and advises on their security implications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard preferably in a relevant subject
- Experience of using relevant monitoring and configuration management software
- Excellent problem-solving in technical and service delivery environments using knowledge and sound processes to analyse information and apply solutions.
- Able to understand customers and their business needs
- Committed to ensuring excellent customer care through the efficient use of resources.
- Able to influence customer expectations and their use of IT systems.
- A good team worker and able to establish rapport quickly with customers, colleagues and partners. Builds confident and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Able to prioritise work and allocate resources considering all factors with minimal supervision. Balances competing activities against deadlines, manage workload and immediate customer needs.
- Adaptable, receptive to new ideas, and willing and able to adjust to new demands and circumstance
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Senior Enterprise Architecture Role preferably working in a public sector organisation or with a Service Provider providing Public Sector Business Solutions.
- Demonstrable track record of leading and working within effective teams delivering Enterprise Business Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting business needs and enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
- Accredited to TOGAF (or similar industry standard frameworks) and must have demonstrable understanding and capability to employ supporting frameworks and methodologies
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant IT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 27001.
- Experience in the use of Enterprise Modelling tools and methods.