Technical Business Partner
Date posted: 30/04/2019
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
This role is responsible for developing effective relationships and channels of communication between IT and senior stakeholders and departments. Advocating and promoting the IT strategy and interpreting new business requirements to formulate solutions.
A key function of the IT service is to better support the business (and alignment with corporate priorities), with the aim that IT becomes an integral part of the business process, from planning to delivery. The Technical & Business Solutions Partner will be responsible for high-level customer engagement (based on a Business Partner model) at a departmental level. To keep business teams aware of new and innovative developments in IT solutions and services that may deliver benefits.
The business partner will play a fundamental role with departmental management teams and Directors to establish a pipeline of candidate and work in progress projects. In this capacity, the post holder will be required to actively manage the allocation of projects and to work with departmental leads (and the IT Project Manager) to manage resources conflicts and trade-offs.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To act as a business partner, with responsibility for effective relationships and channels of communication between the business and IT. Own a portfolio of IT projects – establish new business requirements and keep stakeholders aware of new and innovative developments in IT solutions and services that may deliver business benefits.
- Support the development and analysis of market intelligence on new and innovative technologies for communicating to business teams ensuring it is understood and exploited to deliver business advantage. Work with the business teams to adopt new technologies and deliver improvements including improved ways of working, efficiencies, cost savings or service delivery improvements.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the business plans and strategies for the business area, providing advice and guidance on the use of technology to improve services and business processes.
- Responsible for developing an IT roadmap and pipeline of projects for business teams ensuring these align with the IT strategy.
- Manage IT service improvement plans for business teams and work with the IT team to ensure actions are completed and improvements achieved.
- Assist in the improvement of the IT service by obtaining feedback and working with key IT providers to implement service improvement.
- Manage or escalate as appropriate IT problems impacting business delivery in the assigned business teams.
- Work proactively to find innovative solutions to complex problems on behalf of business teams.
- Take responsibility for planning and delivering key changes and improvements within the business teams to secure the right business outcomes.
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer needs, and designing solutions to meet business needs. This may include researching software and hardware products or services, and finding best solutions
- Responsible for designing technical, data management, and business solutions that successfully translate business needs in to effective and efficient operationally viable technological solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that enterprise wide and specific business solutions are designed to align correctly to architectural principles and technical architecture to ensure standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Responsible for adhering to technical standards and principles to inform solutions design and ensuring they are correctly employed in all technical initiatives to achieve compliance and value for money.
- Work collaboratively by providing technical expert advice and guidance to departments/teams, and suppliers.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard preferably in a relevant subject
- Experience of problem-solving in technical and service delivery environments using logic, knowledge and sound processes to analyse information and apply solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong experience in a solutions architecture role.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant IT related standards including ITIL V3, ISO/IEC 27001
- Demonstrable a track record of contributing to delivering solution designs that have proved successful in developing business solutions enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
- Ability to see and articulate the big picture’
- Committed to ensuring excellent customer care
- Able to influence customer expectations and their use of IT systems.
- A good team worker and able to establish rapport quickly with customers, colleagues and partners. Builds confident and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Able to prioritise work and allocate resources considering all factors with minimal supervision. Balances competing activities against deadlines, manage workload and immediate customer needs.
- Adaptable, receptive to new ideas, and willing and able to adjust to new demands and circumstance
- Able to demonstrate understanding and capability to employ supporting frameworks and methodologies
- Experience of managing complex issues and resources to meet the needs of customers and deliver the best possible outcomes
- Experience of using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk.