Interim Financial Controls Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 28/05/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £375 - £425 per day
A Local Authority currently has an urgent need for an Interim Financial Controls Manager. The team are going through a period of change and need extra capacity.
This role will be responsible for:
- Procuring and implementing the Council’s new Cash Management system
- Operational responsibility for undertaking the procurement and implementation of the Councils new banking contract.
- Management responsibility for the Control & Reconciliation Team which currently comprises of
- 1 x Snr Finance Officer
- 3 x Finance Officers
- 3 x Finance Assistants
With an eye for detail, and significant experience of managing a control and reconciliation function across a diverse organisation; you will have responsibility of working with a diverse stakeholder base to understand the new and emerging business needs, and collaboratively develop effective & efficient customer centric income management solutions with such stakeholders in line with the Council’s ease to pay ethos.
- You will have experience of managing a back office cashiers team, within a local authority would be a plus
- Experience of undertaking business transformation and culture change within such a similar environment
- A track record of implementing new cash management systems
There is scope for flexible working within this role.The role will be In Scope of IR35.