Business Intelligence Developer
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 05/06/2019
Duration: 12 month FTC
Salary: £80,000 per annum
Our London based client are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to develop first class solutions on the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack. The successful candidate will be involved in developing intelligent ETL and reporting solutions, involved in all elements of the software development life cycle from prototyping, through to development, testing, release and support.
Skills and knowledge required for the Business Intelligence Developer:
- Designing and implementing ETL and BI/MI solutions such as data migrations, data warehouse, data-analytics and reporting.
- Full life cycle of software development (SDLC).
- Strong technical background on MSBI and in relational and dimensional modelling.
- Advanced Expertise in Scripting complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, triggers and query optimisation.
- Advanced expertise in performance tuning on T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS & SSAS and proficient level in VB.NET and C#.net to support MSBI development work.
- Good experience in data cleaning, data profiling, quick data extraction, data integration, data reconciling and complete ETL processes.
- Experienced in building reusable SSIS templates and framework with logging, auditing and error handling to help project productivity.
- Advanced Expertise in dealing with various data sources Excel, XML, CSV, LDAP, DB2, Oracle, Ingres, PostgrSQL and SQL Server.
- Good experience on Power BI (Desktop and Service) along with SSAS Tabular Model and DAX.
- Good exposure on Azure SQL, Log Analytic Queries, SCOM, OMS workspace (Security Monitoring).
- Good exposure on cloud base services from Azure
- Proficient in data mapping and metadata management (data dictionary etc).
- Experienced in Scripting and managing SSIS deployment process using PowerShell and MS Build task with both TeamCity as well as TFS.
- Good exposure of industry best practices in change management, release processes and software development and support processes -AGILE, SCRUM, RUP and KIMBALL methodologies and globally distributed delivery models.