Date posted: 05/06/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £300 - £350 per day
Allen Lane is currently working with to recruit a Financial Accountant for a prominent higher education organisation situated in the heart of Central London. This post is for an initial 6 month period to assist the Finance Division whilst it embarks on its year end accounts.
The Assistant Finance Director will be working alongside this integral financial accounting role. This position primarily involves being a key contributor to the overall financial accounting and reporting needed to deliver an effective yearend procedure.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- Heavily assisting with the yearend procedures.
- Assisting the preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive financial reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Assist projects to improve the organisation when required.
- Monitor the balance sheets, ensuring that there is sufficient funding for projects and advice the organisation’s stakeholders.
Key person specification;
- Full CCAB qualification is required.
- Previous experience working within a large audit based organisation is essential.
- Good communication abilities to be able to summarise financial information clearly to non finance trained staff while establishing credibility with other finance professionals, directors, management teams and other key stakeholders.
- Acts strategically and innovate to come up creative solutions whilst having the confidence to propose new ideas and take risks when necessary.
- High levels of IT skills are essential and knowledge of computer based accounting systems, such as UK GAAP, is desirable.
You must be available to start by the 17th June.
If this specification describes you then we would appreciate sending us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.