Senior Procurement Consultant
Date posted: 05/06/2019
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
My South West London client is seeking a skilled Senior Procurement consultant, to lead and advise on all of the oranisations procurement activities. As the subect matter expert within the organisation you will be leading on procurements across a wide range of goods, works and services for the diverse requirements; this will include small costed goods through to high value projects.
The post holder will develop and use compliant procurement procedures that achieve best value for money whilst safeguarding the key principles of efficiency, transparency and equality. The role is vital in supporting and training staff in ensuring the organisaiton can effectively deliver its ambition for a high quality, inclusive and sustainable procurement function.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a Procurement Strategy
- Develop, communicate and embed a Procurement Policy to ensure best practice is followed across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain procurement templates, guidelines, and policy notes to ensure that they are suitable for the end users.
- Monitor and ensure compliance
- Be the first point of contact to provide guidance and support to staff on all procurement related matters.
- Assist and advise staff with effective contract drafting and on any issues arising at the contract management stage.
- Develop and implement relevant procurement training programmes.
- Embed an ethos of continuous improvement through strategic and devolved procurement performance.
- For individual projects, if required: Attend supplier briefings; review PQQs and tenders with colleagues from the respective departments.
- Identify cost savings and efficiencies, in order to secure best value-for-money across the organisation.
- Regularly review the list of suppliers and service providers with the aim of rationalisation.
- Identify opportunities for collaborative procurement with other cultural institutions.
- Assess the organisaions current contract management system and the requirement for any changes to it. Prepare business case and implement changes.
- Assess the need for an eTendering system. Prepare business case, and implement the new system.
- Develop a constructive working relationship with colleagues in other departments principally Building & Facilities, Programming, Production & Technical, Catering & Hospitality, and Finance, sharing best practice and leading on the improvements to systems and processes
Experience and knowledge:
- A successful background of consistent achievement in procurement and contracting, including managing low-value to high-value and complex procurement requirements from start to finish.
- Experience of developing and implementing a procurement strategy.
- Experience of drafting procurement templates and policies.
- A proven track record in achieving cost savings and efficiencies.
- Experience in implementing and managing eTendering and Contract Management systems.
- Experience of drafting procurement training material and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrable financial awareness and the proven ability to understand all facets of budget management