Head of Finance
Date posted: 07/06/2019
Salary: c£55,000 per annum
Art Fund is the national fundraising charity for art. We believe that art can make you see, think and feel differently, and through our work we help make art more accessible to as many visitors as possible, wherever they are.
We give grants to help museums and galleries acquire works of art for their collections, share them with wide audiences, and support the training and professional development of curators. We are supported by our growing membership of 151,000 through the National Art Pass, as well as the generosity of many trusts, foundations and other individuals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a leading national charity with a strong brand with aspirations for growth as the Head of Finance.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Resources, the Head of Finance will lead the running of the charity’s financial operations, ensuring the use of resources is optimised and the charity’s strategy is achieved. This role involves managing and supporting the Finance team, working closely with the Senior Management Team and acting as a finance business partner to advise on financial and commercial implications of decisions.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- The management of annual accounts and statutory audit processes
- Leading the annual budgeting and business planning cycle
- Overseeing preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Ensuring appropriate levels of financial controls are in place across the organisation
- Development of charity’s finance operational processes and systems
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant with experience in a senior financial role in the charity or commercial sectors.
- Passionate about the charity sector.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
We care about equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad diversity of talent from all sections of the community.
If you have the skills and enthusiasm we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
Please send a CV and short covering letter by email to ArtFund@allenlane.co.uk by 14th June.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 02035428393.
First Interview date: 20th and 21st June 2019