Senior Applications Support Analyst/Applications Support Analyst x2
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 10/06/2019
Salary: £38,120 - £47,005 per annum
Here at Hackney Council, we are recruiting staff to strengthen our applications team so that we’re better able to support our colleagues to make use of technology and data. We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative and versatile people interested in exploring new ways of delivering services to reflect the changing nature of our work.
We have a growing number of new, ambitious digital services which we are seeking to improve and support alongside a large portfolio of traditional applications. We are exploring how a “DevOps” approach will help us to improve the way we work and would like to hear from experienced application support analysts who are likewise interested in making this transition and supporting us on this journey.
Applicants should have:
- excellent data management skills, including writing SQL queries and administering MS SQL Server
- experience of scripting to automate routine and repetitive tasks
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- knowledge of Web platform technologies and languages
- the ability to learn and become expert in specific software applications at a 2nd/3rd line level
- a broad working knowledge of networking, infrastructure, and user devices
- well developed communication and stakeholder engagement skills
We are interested in hearing from experienced applications support analysts who will be ready to step into a senior role that supports Hackney’s goals and also from staff that believe they are ready to learn with us and make the step to Senior analyst in a year to 18 months’ time. For such applicants we will offer a transparent and structured learning pathway to support them to achieve the more senior position so this is the perfect opportunity for those to embrace the challenge of learning and growing with us!
For more information about Hackney Council’s ambitions for technology, digital and data (via their “HackIT Manifesto”) or for an informal discussion about these roles then please contact Louis Hall or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d be open to seeing first hand what it is like to work within IT at Hackney Council, then check out the below recruitment event on 12th June.