Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 10/06/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £475 - £575 per day
You will provide full financial support to the capital projects and redevelopment programmes including development of business case, options appraisal, reporting to the board.
- Review capital receipts/disposals position (and revised disposal timescales) following phase 1 for sites currently in disposal to establish capital resources potentially available.
- Review/update other capital resources (e.g. backlog maintenance provisions) to establish other capital resources potentially available.
- Review/update other resources held after phase 1(ICT relocation, move costs, other accommodation reserve) to identify other available resources.
- Update on savings position.
Business Case deliverables:
- Financial analysis and input to full option appraisals, modelling and advice on options.
- Appraise financial impacts of options/preferred strategy.
- Financing strategy/borrowing.
- Capital receipt/disposal assumptions for new business case.
- Identify current running costs for existing sites, comparisons with benchmark/projected future running costs (or disposal savings) to establish overall revenue running costs savings.
- Financial support to identify delivery costs – internal staffing, external advice, enabling works, moves, interim accommodation.
- Manage business case model, monitor changes and impacts.
- Review and monitor on-going implementation and viability providing financial guidance and advice including formal financial comments in reports.
- Assess financial impact of all linked strategies – libraries, ICT, possible CCG occupation, other commercial lettings etc. Future building management and FM strategy.
- Capture, challenge and monitor all costs, income and tax implications providing monitoring reports for programme board and work streams/groups.
- Support to and liaison with board, work streams, project officers, Council departments and consultants/advisers. Financial guidance and advice to key officers.
- Active membership of all programme work streams to give financial advice and ensure delivery within agreed budgets together with achievement of planned savings.
You will be fully a fully Qualified Accountant, with significant experience of providing financial support in a similar environment ideally from the private sector or worked on large scale redevelopments with a local authority or similar.