Interim Company Accountant
Sector: Local Government
Location: East of England
Date posted: 10/06/2019
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £450 - £500 per day
A Local Authority in East Anglia are currently looking for a Commercial Accountant to provide financial management advice to their growing Housing Company.. The post holder will also be working on providing financial support to two project teams working to insource 2 joint ventures into separate council owned companies.
- Preparing company annual statutory accounts for several separate entities (and to the same deadline) and managing the annual audit/s including taking responsibility for ensuring all documentation is in place for auditing purposes.
- Providing company financial outturn information in the format required for the wider finance team to consolidate and prepare group accounts for the Council.
- Producing annual budgets and estimates and assisting with the annual production of the company’s Business Plan.
- Commissioning and/or providing advice on taxation including VAT and Corporation Tax. Overseeing the production of the Construction Industry scheme and monthly VAT return/s to HMRC
- Corporate / company accountant or management accountant experience within a commercial / for-profit organisation (ideally within a housing or property-led organisation)
- Experience of managing a small team of staff including appraisals, training and development
- Experience and proven track record of improving processes and procedures
- Proven negotiating and advocacy skills, working with senior stakeholders.
- CCAB Qualified