Interim Programme Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 11/06/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £600 per day
A Local Authority currently has an urgent need for a Programme Manager. Accountable to the Senior Programme Manager for the delivery of a £100m high profile project with the strictest requirements to be observed with regards to construction management and quality control with a particular emphasis on fire safety design and fire stopping. The works are to work on the council’s high rise residential blocks and will be undertaken with residents is occupation. Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager the post holder will be responsible for senior stakeholder engagement and direct line management of a team of 10 construction and consultation professionals.
- To help lead in the delivery of a £100m project comprising – A1 fire rated cladding system, curtain wall, glazing and roof covering
- Deputise for the Senior Programme Manager as needed in representing the Council in meetings with ward councillors, resident representatives on all aspects of contract delivery
- To manage the Council’s relationship with the appointed contractors day to day operations
- To operationally manage the resources assigned to the project which include employers agents, Planning and cost consultants
- Line management of a team of 10 construction and consultation professionals, delivering a high profile cladding project and associated construction activity
- To ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, high professional standards and best practice, working in partnership with members, senior officers and contractors to meet defined targets, standards and budget allocation.
- To deliver all operational Health & Safety requirements on behalf of the Council in the delivery of the project
- To ensure that legislative compliance requirements are met in the delivery of the scheme and co-ordinate outcomes with the corporate Health and Safety team
- To provide robust cost management and accurate financial reporting
- To manage, deliver and embed service standards and approaches to operational delivery that will achieve the Council’s aims and targets in respect of fire safety and compliance with statutory obligations
- To ensure that all third party contracted works are controlled and managed in order to meet the Council’s time, quality and cost requirements
- Work sensitively with residents, securing access for works to take place through agreed protocols and working with stakeholders such as Government, e.g. to share best practice in relation to A1 cladding systems.
- Ensure that quality control is tightly controlled with information collection protocols strictly adhered to and full cover arrangements are in place for the quality inspection team, compensating for any incidents of absence or planned leave.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- You will have extensive experience in leading a similar project, delivering a high profile, high value over-cladding scheme to the highest standards of safety and compliance
- Manage all day to day staffing activities and assist the Senior Programme Manager as directed with regards to recruitment, budget monitoring and Health & Safety related activities