IT Information Officer
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 17/06/2019
Salary: £31,548 - £33,291 per annum
There is a great deal of expert knowledge and process detail underpinning an efficient IT service. Redbridge Council need an information and communications specialist to help us organize that knowledge and communicate what is relevant to their IT users. The role is customer-facing: you will write bulletins and information pages for on-line presentation to 3000 + readers. You will also develop the IT knowledge library, integrated with their helpdesk system, which over 80 colleagues will depend on for access to up-to-date, accurate and connected information on the running of a complex IT environment. You don’t need to be an IT specialist at the start, but you will certainly develop your expertise very quickly.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To provide a range of information, knowledge management and administration services to the IT service.
- To ensure that the information which the service and its customers need for successful operation is available, accurate and accessible.
- To ensure that colleagues within the IT service are well-informed about how to find necessary information and how to improve it.
- Write communications on behalf of the IT service which win the engagement and confidence of customers, including bulletins and instructional guides, and write and design for web publication.
- Support the Head of IT in department communication, including organising and minuting meetings, monitoring the on-time production of reports and performance data, initiating and responding to correspondence.
- Maintain and improve IT data sets in various formats including Word, Excel and specialist databases.
- Create reports and presentations using standard software.
The IT service, employing approximately 80 staff, depends on consistent use of clearly written, well-planned procedures. As the IT service knowledge manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the service and its interactions with customers are supported by good quality, accessible and up-to-date information, provided by the subject matter experts. You will make substantial use of the IT service management system to keep IT procedures up-to-date.
You will have:
- Exemplary writing and presentation skills
- A systematic approach to knowledge management
- A high level of general IT literacy
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Senior Consultant: 020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 7th July.
The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.