IT Business Partner(s)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 17/06/2019
Salary: £51,450 - £54,597 per annum
Redbridge, like any London council, is a complex and multi-layered business. Their team of business partners has to make sure that all parts of the organisation are not only being well-supported by IT but that IT is promoting opportunities for service improvement and new opportunities. Excellent communications skills and a willingness to speak frankly to colleagues in any position in the organisation are two of the requirements of this role, as well as an enthusiasm for public service improvement and the ability to engender cooperation among colleagues whom you advise but do not manage.
Overall Role Purpose:
- Act as a key link between IT and the business areas, ensuring that IT strategy takes account of and responds to the needs of the business areas.
- Develop cooperative working relationships with senior staff in the relevant directorate, to the point that they routinely approach you with plans and requirements and have confidence in your advice.
- To think strategically and develop initiatives that will improve the quality of services to customers.
- To provide strategic advice and project development support to one or more council directorates.
- To be the trusted IT adviser for management teams in the assigned business areas. To develop a detailed knowledge of their business priorities and plans and to originate IT solutions to help them achieve these.
- To keep up to date with developments in the professional area nationally and with relevant IT developments, to ensure that the council is able to take advantage of new technology to improve services
The role provides the key link between development of IT strategy and the plans and ambitions of other areas of the council. The post holder represents the interests of the business area within IT, and keeps the business area appraised of what IT is doing to support it.
You will need to have:
- A good generalist business IT knowledge and business relationship management skills
- Experience of structured project delivery
- ITIL foundation level or above
- Local authority experience would be advantageous
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Senior Consultant: 020 3031 9627 | email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 7th July.
The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.