IT Business Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 17/06/2019
Salary: £39,774 - £42,684 per annum
In this Business Analyst role, you will play a key role in researching, defining and guiding change projects at Redbridge Council. The scale of those projects may vary from a couple of day’s work to (more typically) a long-running, complex programme spread over a few months. You will be asked to assess the viability of proposals or roughly outlined ideas for change, and your conclusions will feed into decisions to reject ideas or to commit tens of thousands of pounds of public money to developing and delivering those ideas as fully-formed projects. You will have the opportunity to be involved in many different areas of council business, so being able to apply your analytical and communication skills in a genuinely Agile way is vital.
Overall Role Purpose:
- Business analysts play a key role in researching, defining and guiding change projects.
- You will be responsible for preparing business cases, project briefs and benefits management plans, and for advising project boards.
- Building strong, positive working relationships with key customers across the council and with Redbridge’s external customers.
- Supporting the work of the Programme Office and the IT service in general to deliver the IT programme.
- Mapping council business processes and data flows.
- Analyses the user and customer experience of business processes in order to design improvements.
- Conducts business impact assessments to support change projects.
- Completes research, investigation and assessments of issues for the IT service as requested.
- Outside conventional project structures, your ability to analyse processes and to envisage improvements mean you have an important role to play in creating opportunities for the council to be more effective and to deliver better services to the public.
The IT service delivers projects initiated within IT and on behalf of business units, from a small core programme office, supplemented by temporary additional staff with specific expertise.
You will have:
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent qualification
- ITIL Foundation or higher
- Understanding of Agile project principles
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Senior Consultant: 020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 7th July.
The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.