Senior Infrastructure Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 17/06/2019
Salary: £36,711 - £39,774 per annum* / £45,585 - £48,492 per annum**
As part of their ambitious IT re-structure, Redbridge Council are strengthening their in-house infrastructure team to ensure they have the breadth of skills they need to manage and develop their mixed Azure / on premise estate. The scope of your work will include performance monitoring, capacity planning, security, responding to major incidents and ensuring business continuity. With further cloud migrations to come, you will have the opportunity to grow your experience in this area.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To maintain IT infrastructure resilience and reliable performance.
- To ensure that infrastructure problems are resolved promptly, and long-term problems and risks are notified to service management and are dealt with effectively.
- Monitor performance and capacity of systems so as to anticipate and pre-empt problems.
- Collaborate across the department to ensure the provision of a consistent service, taking action to ensure that all outstanding issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Microsoft Windows Server OS
- Virtualisation technologies (i.e. VMware vCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Enterprise SAN Technology
- Backup technology
- On-premise Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Network security management
- Data centre management
Supporting and maintaining the Infrastructure estate: the servers, phones, storage devices, networking equipment, cables and connections which provide our IT services, and the software which enables them to work. Any failure in any of these may result in the council being unable to operate or meet its legal obligations.
You need to have:
- Sound commercial contract management experience, gained in the public or private sectors
- A broad understanding of Microsoft environments in large, complex organisations
- Experience of writing ITTs and evaluating supplier proposals
- Techniques for contract and supplier management to bring to the council to achieve a step-change in the effectiveness of our contract management
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Senior Consultant: 020 3031 9627 | email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 7th July.
*at Analyst level
**at Senior level