Interim Head of Finance
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 19/06/2019
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £60,000 per annum
Allen Lane is partnering the Goodenough College in the recruitment of an Interim Head of Finance covering a 12 month period of maternity leave.
Established in 1930 by the then Chairman of Barclays Bank, Frederick Goodenough, the Goodenough College is an educational charity that provides award winning residential accommodation for postgraduates studying in London.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Resources, the Head of Finance is responsible for financial administration and financial accounting whilst working closely with the Senior Management Accountant in overseeing the management accounting function. As such, this post suits somebody with a technical financial accounting background.
Key areas or responsibility include;
- Management of the finance team ensuring that accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control are appropriately managed and follow best practice
- Production of the annual draft financial statements and audit schedules and leading the College through the external audit process
- Working with the Senior Management Accountant in overseeing budgeting and planning, management accounting, project and capital activities and planning and business support are appropriately managed
- Managing the structure of the College’s VAT arrangements, including partial exemption arrangements and maximising VAT recovery
- Deputising for the Director of Finance & Resources where required.
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAEW/CIMA/CIPFA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience producing financial statements within charity SORP
- Demonstrable track record guiding a not-for-profit organisation through an external audit process
- Demonstrable track record in leading and motivating a team.
This is a key role within a prestigious and unique organisation with a fantastic culture. There is a genuine community feel across the College, who seek somebody with an interest and desire to contribute to the positive and collaborative culture that the finance team and wider members benefit from.
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would love to hear from you. Please note applications will be reviewed on a continual basis prior to closing date and as such immediate application is recommended.
Close date: 5th July.