Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 25/06/2019
Salary: £42,036 - £50,143 per annum*
Based in the heart of London, King’s College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2018/19) and among the oldest in England. King’s has more than 29,600 students (of whom nearly 11,700 are graduate students) from some 150 countries worldwide, and some 8,000 staff. King’s is a multi-faculty institution, providing high-quality teaching, research and innovation across the sciences, humanities, medicine, law, dentistry, and social sciences.
King’s is looking for a high calibre Finance Business Partner. The post sits within the Finance Directorate, in the Management Accounts team responsible for the Health Faculties, reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Finance (Health). This is a key predominantly project role within the Management Accounts (Health) team, working closely with the academic community. The post is mainly based on the Guys Campus at London Bridge; however, the team is also based at Denmark Hill and Waterloo, and some flexibility regarding site may be required at times.
Key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Providing financial modelling for significant value strategic projects, where the post holder will work closely with stakeholders to provide key financial information.
- Providing business support to some of our key self-financing activities such as vector manufacturing, scanning units, and global health: including the provision of regular reporting on financial position.
- Fixed term project work for the Health Faculties (eg Endowment maximum utilisation, financing for the Institute of Womens and Childrens Health)
- Active role as part of the senior management of the Health team
- Ad hoc project work for the Assistant Director of Finance
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with excellent systems and excel skills. You will have an autonomous and proactive approach with accounting and business knowledge. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance staff across the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enterprising finance professional to join a world-leading organisation and will provide an excellent platform in your career.
- Adhering to King’s policies and procedures which are published on the HR webpages;
- Learning and applying proper professional standards in all aspects of the job;
- Complying with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description;
Flexibility to move between different parts of the organisation, using standardised tools and approaches.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Tim Salmon on 02030319634 or at Timsalmon@allenlane.co.uk. Early application is highly recommended.
*plus £3,223 London weighting