Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 27/06/2019
Salary: £42,036 - £50,132 per annum
The primary purpose of this role is to enable good decision making, ensure financial control and support our research administration and core research facilities to meet their financial, operational and strategic objectives. Working closely with both senior academics and professional staff, the post holder will influence the way our research administration and core research facilities are financially managed. This will be delivered through high-quality analysis and effective communication in formal committees and day-to-day conversations.
- Co-ordinate regular reviews of performance against budget and likely outturns, helping every divisional director and facility lead to engage with financial reports.
- Lead the annual development of budgets for the areas, ensuring these dovetail with operational plans.
- Demonstrate a business partnering approach. Influence decision making and provide an integrated finance support service to the directorates the role supports.
- Develop the financial skills and confidence of the budget holders in the directorates the role supports.
- In the first 12 months in the role, work with the core research facility leads to scope, undertake and present a financial review of each facility (including administration, charge-out processes and cost recovery).
- Develop and maintain a model to recommend which of the core research facilities should be listed in the annual TRAC return, in order to optimize research overhead recovery.
- Engage in the corporate BI agenda, contributing to work to improve financial reporting. More specifically, contributing to work to improve reporting on utilisation and cost recovery from core research facilities.
The role holder will be part of the Central Management Accounts team, which is part of the Finance directorate. The Finance Directorate provides quality financial support and advice in pursuit of the university’s stated academic objectives. In particular it is committed to the provision of strong financial leadership in all areas of activity undertaken by the university, to the provision of sound professional advice on all aspects of financial management, and to the achievement and maintenance of a high quality service.
The post holder will spend approximately half of their time co-located with the directorates they support, which will involve working from Lavington Street for 2 to 3 days per week.
You will be a qualified accountant with experience of management accounting within any sector. There are an extensive list of benefits, please get in touch to find out more – email@example.com / 020 3031 9634