Head of Financial Accounting
Date posted: 26/08/2019
Salary: £58,775 - £67,452 per annum*
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a Head of Financial Accounting to join their finance team. The Foundation Trust has revenues of c£55, employs over 700 people and for almost 100 years has been committed to improving mental health, emotional well-being and gender dysphoria for children, families and adults. They aim to spread their way of thinking and practice through devising and delivering high quality clinical services, the provision of training and education, research, organisational consulting and influencing public debate. The finance team is close-knit and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to work a broad and varied role, as well as manage your own team of four people.
The Head of Financial Accounting manages a team of four covering accounts payable, credit control, procurement administration and income and expenses. The key elements of the role include:
- Production of the annual accounts of the Trust
- Dealing with complex queries regarding debtors and creditors
- To interpret and apply Department of Health and NHS policies and advise the Director of Finance on the potential impact
- Responsibility for overseeing the accounts of the Trust’s charitable funds
- Management of the external audit process and liaison, as required, with internal audit
- Main duties cover aspects of Annual Accounts, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Fixed Assets, Treasury Management, Payroll, Financial Control, Charities and Staff Management and Leadership
The Head of Financial Accounting role requires a CCAB qualified accountant with post qualification experience as a Financial Accountant, Financial Controller or Head of Financial Accounting. It is essential that this person has previous experience managing the year end process and has experience liaising with internal and external auditors. You do not have to have NHS experience to be considered for this role; however, NHS employees are welcomed. It is important to be able to demonstrate the versatility of supporting your team with the detail, as well as influencing senior management team with strategy.
Applications close on Tuesday 16th July. To find out more about this opportunity, organisation and to receive the full job description, please apply and contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.