Head of Finance
Sector: Art/Associations | Education
Date posted: 15/07/2019
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Mountview is one of the UK’s leading drama schools. We offer professional vocational training at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level in performance and production arts alongside evening, weekend and holiday classes for all.
We present around 28 productions across the year including classic plays, new writing and musicals, and our studios, theatres and workspaces are available to hire.
Mountview in Peckham is a home for everyone – vocational students, young people and life-long learners, industry professionals and visitors alike – and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Head of Finance to take the lead for the financial performance management of the organisation, leading on all aspects of financial management, compliance and reporting.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of the Finance function and providing successful leadership across the organisation;
- Developing the financial strategy with the Chief Operating Officer and take a lead in its implementation;
- Leading the annual budget setting process, working with budget holders to produce detailed budget analysis for the Executive team, Finance and Planning Committee and Board;
- Preparing year-end statutory accounts, oversee year-end audit process from auditor’s visit through to Board approval;
- Leading the design, implementation and review of systems, processes and procedures; producing management accounts to improve analysis and insight quality;
- Responsible for the development and evolution of a small team.
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 4th August, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 0203 5428393 or BryonyFeeney@allenlane.co.uk