Senior Procurement and Contracts Manager (FM/Estates or Professional Services)
Date posted: 16/07/2019
Salary: c.£53,000 per annun*
My client is a highly regarded public sector, non-profit company who comprise predominantly within the education sector and have had a real upturn in growth and successfully delivering year-on-year savings. As such we have a couple of fantastic opportunities for Senior Procurement Managers with experience in either FM/Estates or Professional Services categories to join an established team.
You will need to demonstrate your extensive experience in contract management, ideally including experience in the Estates or Professional Services categories, with a proven ability to:
- manage large collaborative procurement projects from feasibility to implementation, that bring tangible benefits for their members;
- develop complex specifications and tender evaluation mechanisms; and
- develop effective relationships and joint working both internally and with external bodies/suppliers.
- Ideally, you’ll also have experience of working in a collaborative procurement environment with a wide range of stakeholders.
- To lead or take part in groups and working parties with other HE or public sector consortia as required.
- To initiate, develop and execute sourcing strategies and contracting plans for goods and services agreements.
- To design and/or assist in the development of product/service
- To produce and execute tenders for the relevant spend categories, including those through the EU procurement process. This will include negotiating as appropriate.
- To design each procurement process such that it delivers Responsible Procurement Policy and Strategy and addresses the specific risks inherent in that category.
- To develop selection and award criteria as part of the tender process. This will include risk analysis based e.g. on market intelligence and the formulation of recommendations.
- To continually manage and improve established agreements with suppliers.
- To keep up to date with legislation and case law pertaining to the areas of responsibility.
- To aim to become technically proficient in the relevant spend categories in order to complete the responsibilities to the best advantage of the Consortium and be able to share that knowledge internally.
- MCIPS or working towards
- Proven experience in professional procurement and contract management, including:
- Ability to manage large (preferably collaborative) procurement projects from feasibility to implementation, that bring tangible benefits
- Ability to develop complex specifications and tender evaluation mechanisms
- Ability to develop effective relationships and joint working both internally and with external bodies/suppliers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the statutory, regulatory, strategic and key operational issues relevant to the post, specifically, knowledge of contract law and legislation as it applies to procurement.
- Knowledge of the principles of best value and performance management and the impact on the procurement process.
This employer values their workforce and there is also the opportunity to discuss flexibility in work patterns including some homeworking.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please send a CV to email@example.com or get in touch on 0203 0319639 for further information.
*+ very good benefits package; including c.35 days annual leave + bank holidays + generous pension contribution.