Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 19/07/2019
Duration: 14 months FTC
Salary: Attractive Salary
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people’s lives through opera and ballet. Home to two of the world’s great artistic companies – The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet – the organisation has a rich history and seeks to be accessible and engaging.
The Royal Ballet management team is currently recruiting for a passionate and highly skilled Business Partner to become imbedded in The Royal Ballet Company as the Business Partner. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a pivotal role in one of the busiest repertory theatres in the world.
- Provide The Royal Ballet management with accurate and timely financial information on all the work of the Ballet, including productions, tours, payroll, overheads, capital expenditure and ad hoc projects
- Produce accurate monthly management accounts with commentaries and variance analysis
- Control and reconcile balance sheet accounts and maintain accurate forecasts of expenditure
- Prepare budgets and financial plans which will form part of the ROH’s overall business planning
- Provide financial support to the management of The Royal Ballet to assist them in operating within agreed budgets and identifying the financial impact of business decisions
- Assist the Administrative Director, Finance Director or other members of the Royal Ballet management with ad hoc projects and analysis as required
- Deliver a high quality service within a busy operational schedule, managing priorities and stakeholder relations effectively.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant with experience in a senior and complex business partnering role.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to advise and influence.
- Passionate about the arts sector.
Deadline for final applications is midnight on the 4th August. However as we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, early submissions are encouraged to ensure inclusion in the shortlistling process