Interim Senior Business Analyst
Date posted: 23/07/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £250 per day
The role of Senior Business Support Analyst is responsible for providing high quality financial information and analysis for the business area that they support. This will include gathering, preparing and presenting data in the agreed standard formats and for adhoc requests in a timely, accurate and robust way.
The role will include meeting budget holders and generating ‘intelligence’ to support the Finance Business Partners in the budgeting, forecasting and business planning process. The role will support the induction and on-going training and support to budget holders and other key staff.
The role requires good communication skills particularly in explaining finance to non finance staff.
The Senior Business Support Analyst will be the main point of reference for the Finance Business partners and will assist in ensuring that the Trust Standing Financial Instructions are communicated and understood by the business area that they support
- Produce high quality, timely, accurate and appropriate analytical and interpretive financial management information to Senior Finance Business Partners, Finance Business Partners, General Managers, the senior management team, operational managers and other senior staff throughout the Trust.
- To the agreed deadlines, prepare robust annual budgets, standard monthly forecasts, standard monthly management accounts (including variance analysis), Board reports, and external regulatory reports that meet the specified requirements, the needs of the business and support the work of the Senior FBPs.
- Support the quantative and statistical methods of financial analysis to support the development of business cases, planning and budget setting processes, cost improvement initiatives and other ad hoc internal and external reports.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to deliver an efficient and effective month end process and ensure there is a robust process for the dissemination of the relevant information in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the standard operating procedures and KPIs to deliver a high quality service across all areas of own responsibility.
- As part of the month end process provide variance analysis and identify areas for investigation. Support the FBPs and the Income team to identify the financial consequences of these changes on the Trust’s Income and Expenditure budgets.
- In conjunction with the Finance Business Partner prepare the monthly budget upload journals, forecasts and journal amendments to ensure the integrity of the financial management reporting information.
- Support the Finance Business Partners by attending budget holder meetings and relevant operational business meetings to improve the quality of the narrative circulated as part of the month end process.
- Distribute the month end reports in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Working with Head of MA Analytics and the Financial Business Partners to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely reporting of financial information to appropriate levels of management.
- Cover other Senior Business Support Analyst roles when required.
CCAB and CIMA passed finalist with extensive experience.
- Experience of working in an accounting department including experience in a management accounting role.
- Experience of using General ledger and financial reporting software packages.
- Understand and be able to apply the concepts and techniques for
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Costing and pricing
- Variance analysis and financial reporting
- The purpose of accounting accruals and provisions
- Relationships between the balance sheet, revenue accounts and cash flow statements
- The key financial performance targets for NHS Trusts
- The rationale for Standing Financial Instructions and the means for ensuring that they are adhered to.
- Conducting comparative studies and audit review
- Preparing business cases and cost improvement iniatives
- Evaluating efficiency, effectiveness and economy
- Staff management