Group Accountant (Cash and Bank)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 24/07/2019
Salary: £43,300 - £58,500 per annum
Kensington and Chelsea is a unique and vibrant place to work, nestled in the heart of London. Although one of the smallest London boroughs, we are one of the most densely populated in the country. The Council, its policies and leadership has changed significantly; putting residents first is now at the heart of everything we do. Working in partnership, listening to and valuing the personal experiences of people in our communities, we will act with openness, honesty, compassion and humility.
Our support services play a key role in helping the whole Council work to the best of its ability and ensure the Council can deliver on its priorities. Within that the Financial Management function has undergone some major changes, including; moving to a centralised finance function and implementing a new finance system. The priorities over the next two years are addressing the financial challenges facing the Council and embedding a culture of business partnering and adding value.
The Group Accountant role leads on accounting and statutory reporting for cash and bank, including overseeing reconciliation of the bank system to General Ledger. The role will support all areas of the technical financial accounting function. Duties include:
- Providing training and technical advice on corporate finance matters, closure of accounts and statutory reporting
- Ensuringa system of adequate internal controls exists in respect of financial matters within cash and bank remit and ensuring compliance with these
- Liaising with both internal and external auditors, leading on cash and bank audit query resolution and supporting audit in all areas of the accounts
- Ensuring that the Council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service
- Managing and leading staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability
The ideal candidate for this role will need to be a CCAB Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant with significant relevant experience. It is essential that this individual has extensive knowledge of accounting principles, policies and practices and knowledge of major factors, influences and legislation facing local government.
For more information about RBKC, the interview processes and to see the job description please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/RBKC2019 or contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 for a confidential conversation.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to RBKC@allenlane.co.uk by Monday 26th August. The cover letter should be no more then 2 pages and should include why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are suitable.
We want to recruit people who share our values -putting communities first.