G6 Head of Financial Accounts
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
This high profile role in the Financial Accounts team will play an important role in embedding high quality financial accounts and processes in the Department.
- Lead on the production of financial statements including notes to the accounts, commissioning and collating information required for the accounts.
- Managing 3 x G7 and associated support staff in the Financial Accounting section, the Estimates and Reporting section and the Business Support Centre of Excellence.
- Lead on the relationship with the National Audit Office, ensuring a good working relationship, excellent communications and delivery of on-time and accurate financial and other information.
- Play an important role in the leadership of the Finance Function across DIT, helping build and develop financial capability and professionalism both inside the function and across DIT.
- Senior stakeholder engagement to ensure that any advice is based on solid financial evidence, has been reviewed at the appropriate level and that any issues are raised in a timely and appropriate manner and supporting the Financial Controller as a trusted advisor for Finance matters in DIT.
- Play a key role in developing and assessing business cases and investment decisions, ensuring the financial accounting and budgeting implications are clearly understood.
- Working alongside Finance colleagues in the department to ensure that best practice is implemented across the unit and ensuring that all known technical accounting issues are dealt with in a timely and planned manner.
- Lead on the Main and Supplementary Estimates process ensuring on-time and accurate delivery to ensure that DIT has sufficient resources to live within its Control Totals.
- Oversee the work of the Business Support Centre of Excellence delivering high quality transactional support, helping to develop good financial processes and ensuring good financial control and reporting.
- Experience of producing financial accounts.
- Experience of using accounting model for the production of accounts.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of people.
- Experience of working with the Oracle financial system.
- Strong accounting standard technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate significant experience of government accounting regulations ie IFRS, FReM and Managing Public Money.
Required Technical skills / qualifications
- A CCAB, CIMA or equivalent qualification is essential.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance