G7 Contract Manager
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum
This role sits outside the two main teams in Financial Accounting and Control, reporting into the Grade 6 Operations Manager. This role will be responsible for managing DIT’s relationship with our two Shared Services providers; UK SBS for DIT UK staff and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office owned services provided for DIT staff based overseas.
- Responsible for managing DIT’s relationship with our two Shared Services Providers, UK SBS for staff in the UK and One HMG for staff based overseas, ensuring value for money and the delivery of business as usual services.
- Capture customer feedback to understand the current business needs.
- Ensure robust management of commercial delivery against the existing Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs).
- Lead in developing a new governance arrangements to review performance, drive transparency and improve the overall quality of the service the Department receives Benchmark the existing service delivery with similar providers.
- Proactive in anticipating and addressing issues, identifying solutions and putting contingency plans in place to maintain continuity of service.
- Agree on clear routes of escalation and lead on negotiations, claims and resolution of disputes when they arise.
- Drive business planning activities for both contracts, setting challenging objectives and agreeing the roadmap for change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Act as a central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, taking responsibility for communicating key messages to the business.
- Advise and insure a robust approach to contract and commercial management within the wider Shared Services Programme Team.
- Experience of managing complex contracts.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of influencing colleagues to accept a decision that they may not have wanted to take
- Understanding of EU and public-sector procurement legislation.
- Awareness of commercial law.
- Experience of working with Shared Services Providers and/or Oracle ERP
Required Technical skills/qualifcations
- Member of or studying towards qualified MCIPS and/ or IACCM.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance