G7 Head of Business Support Centre of Excellence
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
The role works closely with the Finance Business Partners and Financial Accounts managing a team to provide financial support and undertaking financial processes for the groups. In addition, each Business Support Lead will also be the Department’s lead for a specific financial process or set of processes, developing best practice and championing innovation in the way the processes are delivered. As such, the roles provide an opportunity to lead on the provision of financial information to part of DIT and manage a high quality financial process across the whole of DIT.
Key responsibilities are:
- Manage and lead a team that provides finance and business support to DIT;
- Lead the team in undertaking all of the financial processes for the appointed areas of DIT. Financial processes include: Requisitioning, receipting, journals, reconciliations, forecasting
- Deliver improvements in financial processes, leading on the delivery of the process(es) and developing consistent and efficient practices across DIT
- Support the development of a strong working relationship with the Department’s outsourced service providers, delivering improvements in processes, timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Develop strong working relationships across government with stakeholders such as Government Internal Audit Agency, Cabinet Office etc.
- Lead and deliver the reporting of Key Performance Indicators with associated remedial actions to deliver improvement.
- Delivering insightful and timely financial information to budget holders
- Support Financial Accounts through the year end process and audit with the provision of high-quality, accurate and timely information
- Responding promptly to matters raised by the National Audit Office as a part of their work
- Support the Department’s upcoming Finance Transformation, proposing innovative solutions to business improvements and through collaborative working across the Department and its shared services.
- Experience of financial processes, management and reporting.
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Experience of delivering change and efficiency in processes
- Collaborative leadership
- Building influential relationships
- Operating at a strategic level
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries in order to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines
Required Technical skills/qualifications
- A full or partial CCAB Qualification or equivalent – or equivalent experience is desirable
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance