G6 Deputy Head of Finance Transformation
Sector: Central Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Duration: 2 year FTC
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
The Deputy Head of Finance Transformation will be responsible for directing all 3 workstreams, clearly defining the proposed deliverables and helping the workstream leads to deliver to scope, quality, timeline and cost. Initiatives will include building capability, re-engineering processes and implementing new systems.
- Agreeing priorities.
- Gather lessons learned from similar programmes.
- Develop and maintain a resourced programme plan.
- Assist the programme manager to drive, monitor and manage programme delivery, ensuring projects are aligned and key milestones are met.
- Provide leadership to workstream leads, clearly defining expectations for outcomes.
- Develop and oversee the programmes communications and engagement strategy.
- Engage with key stakeholders to seek feedback, pre-empt potential challenges and seek buy in.
- Manage risk, assumptions, issues and dependency logs, developing mitigations and escalating in a timely manner.
- Provide programme reporting/briefings to all DIT colleagues in the UK and overseas.
- Help ensure effective budget and resource management where required.
- Ensure that the changes are embedded through ongoing communications and engagement.
- Line management of 3 x G7 workstream leads
- Relevant professional qualification in project/programme management e.g. APM, Prince 2, CMI – or equivalent experience
- Managing business or process change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Team and project leadership experience with a track record of being recongised as an excellent leader
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance