G7 Organisational Design and Change Lead
Sector: Central Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Duration: 2 year FTC
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
The workstream lead for organisation and change will be responsible for the development and implementation of a new target operating model for financial management. This lead will also be responsible for managing the business change to ensure that the new Target Operating Model (TOM) is embedded with the desired benefits being realised.
- Challenge the existing operating model, collecting feedback from key internal and external stakeholders.
- Drawing on best practice, design a new TOM.
- Working closely with the Capability team, identify the impact of the proposed change on staff.
- Develop the narrative to describe the proposed benefits of the transition for both the organisation and the individuals who would be impacted.
- Facilitate a business change readiness review.
- Develop and lead a communications and engagement strategy.
- Define the proposed approach to transition to the new TOM and seek approval and buy-in.
- Support the Programme Director to oversee the transition to this new TOM.
- Ensure that the changes are embedded through ongoing communications and engagement.
- Gather and share lessons learned across HMG.
- Line management of 1 x SEO Project Manager
- Experience of organisation design, leading the design and implementation of new target operating models.
- Managing business or process change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Track record of being acknowledged as an excellent leader
Personal skills and attributes
Confident inspiring leader with experience of managing a transformational business change. Ability to:
- Design and embed new TOM.
- Deliver tangible change across geographically diverse organisations.
- Work collaboratively and sensitively with a wide range of different stakeholders.
- Challenge existing ways of working.
- Communicate and engage with technical subject matter experts.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance