G7 Policy & Process Lead
Sector: Central Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Duration: 2 year FTC
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
Working to the Deputy Head of Finance Transformation, this role will be responsible for leading the Policy and Processes workstream. This role will involve working collaboratively with colleagues across DIT to identify gaps in policy and processes, ensuring financial control mechanisms are in place to encourage compliance.
- Review all existing finance policies and guidance, identifying and addressing any gaps. Document policies and publish guidance for existing ways of working.
- Facilitate workshops with subject matter experts and customers from across DIT to challenge the existing ways of working.
- Evaluate existing management controls.
- Establish a network of contacts and gather lessons learned.
- Prioritise potential improvements.
- Re-engineering processes, making better use of existing technology.
- Support the development of a new enterprise resource planning system, identifying opportunities to automate or make use of new emerging artificial intelligence.
- Increase compliance by developing a compliance dashboard to be used across DIT.
- Facilitate training with colleagues across DIT.
- Line management of 1 x SEO Project Manager
- Experience of re-engineering and embedding new processes.
- Working in Finance Policy and/or within a Financial Control background.
- Using new technologies to automate or simplify processing.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver change at pace.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support proposed changes.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634