G6 Head of Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
The Strategic Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting team work across DIT to develop a deep understanding of the financial position across the department in current and future years. Working alongside Finance Business Partners, the team co-ordinates the financial planning required for the Spending Review and in-year financial management, as well as producing high quality financial reports and analysis.
- Lead across DIT and the finance team to understand the financial consequences of the Spending Review proposals and develop the departments spending review bid, identifying and mitigating financial risks.
- Review and assess the department’s financial plans to ensure they are affordable, monitor the use of funding across the department and make recommendations to realign budgets as pressures or opportunities arise.
- Work alongside the Finance Business Partners to analyse and interpret financial information and report to the Department’s Executive Committees.
- Lead the department’s financial reporting and analysis, delivering high quality products to inform decision making.
- Build collaborative relationships and work at pace to provide strategic financial advice and analysis.
- Establish and embed improved and standardised planning and reporting processes across the Strategic Finance Team.
- Direct leadership and management of a team of 11 finance professionals, and contribute to the ongoing development, improvement and transformation of DITs finance function.
- Strong leadership track record
- Experience of working collaboratively and forming influential relationships at senior levels of management
- Broad skills base
- Delivery at a strategic level
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries in order to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines
- Communicating complex information clearly to specialist audiences
- An understanding of HMT guidance and the principles of government accounting is also desirable.
Required Technical skills/qualifications
- CCAB qualified or equivalent qualification – or equivalent experience – is essential
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance