G6 Senior Finance Business Partner (Corporate Services)
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
Finance Business Partners work closely with the groups within the Department for International Trade, providing financial information, advice, challenge and assurance to enable effective decision making. They champion a value for money culture and embed a robust financial planning management and control regime throughout the department.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Build an in depth knowledge of DIT’s Corporate Services, Official Development Assistance and centrally held budgets, understanding the financial and performance drivers, risks and issues.
- Be the conduit between finance and the business for financial exercises such as Business Planning, Quarterly Reviews and the Spending Review.
- Working across the Strategic Finance Team to agree budgets within the Department’s spending envelope and ensure robust financial and delivery plans are in place within the group.
- Embedding a value for money culture within the department and supporting financial decisions through the provision of advice and challenge.
- Deliver insightful and timely financial information to budget holders that informs decision making and supports strong financial management and control.
- Ensure that internal control and governance procedures are understood and followed as the first line of defence for financial management.
- Build collaborative relationships and work at pace to provide strategic financial advice and analysis.
- Direct leadership and management of a team of 4 finance business partners, and contribute to the ongoing development, improvement and transformation of DIT’s finance function.
- Strong leadership track record
- Experience of working collaboratively and forming influential relationships at senior levels of management
- Delivery at a strategic level
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries in order to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines
- Communicating complex information clearly to non-specialist audiences
- An understanding of HMT guidance and the principles of government accounting is also desirable.
Required Technical skills/qualifications
- CCAB qualified or equivalent qualification – or equivalent experience – is essential
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance