G7 Strategic Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
- 1x Spending Review Reporting and Analysis Lead
- 1x Financial Planning Lead
- 1x Strategic Reporting Manager
- 1x Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager
Spending Review Reporting and Analysis Lead – This role will work across DIT and the finance team to understand the financial consequences of the Spending Review proposals to provide financial reporting, advice and analysis.
Financial Planning Lead – This role reviews and assess the department’s financial plans to ensure they are affordable, they monitor the use of funding across the department and make recommendations to realign budgets as pressures or opportunities arise.
Strategic Reporting Manager – This role works across the Finance Business Partners to analyse and interpret financial information and report to the Department’s Executive Committees.
Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager – This role is accountable for leading the reporting and analysis team to deliver high quality financial reports and analysis, mainly focused on in year expenditure.
The weighting of responsibilities will vary depending on the role, but will include:
- Build knowledge of the department’s strategy and delivery plans, understanding, analysing and monitoring the financial and performance drivers, risks and issues.
- Work collaboratively with Strategy, Directorates and across Corporate Services and the Finance function to deliver the Spending Review proposals and regular financial planning exercises such as Business Planning and Quarterly Reviews.
- Work across the Strategic Finance Team to understand funding requirements, agree and allocate budgets and ensure robust financial and delivery plans are in place.
- Support the financial governance process at a strategic level through providing insightful analysis, advice and assurance to the Departmental Board, Executive Committee and Performance, Finance and Risk Committee as well as providing ad hoc advice to the Accounting Officer.
- Oversee the drawdown and use of funds, embed a change control process and maintain the audit trail for funding decisions.
- Manage the production of high quality financial reports to support decision making at all levels of the organisation.
- Deliver analysis to drive efficiencies in the departments use of funding.
- Strong leadership track record
- Experience of working collaboratively and forming influential relationships at senior levels of management
- Broad skills base
- Strong Excel skills to quickly analyse data
- Strong Powerpoint and Word skills to present clear messages
- Delivery at a strategic level
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries in order to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines
Required Technical skills/qualifications
- CCAB qualified or equivalent qualification – or equivalent experience – is essential
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance