G6 Head of Continuous Improvement
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The role will lead a new Continuous Improvement team, working jointly across HR and Finance to improve systems, processes and controls.
- Work closely with the Finance Senior Leadership Team and HR Leadership Team to create and develop a new Finance and HR Continuous Improvement Team for DIT.
- Create a Continuous Improvement methodology to prioritise and allocate resource across projects, continually assessing and reviewing the resource allocation.
- Lead a team to deliver Continuous Improvement work that makes a real difference to working in DIT.
- Review and re-engineer processes, controls and systems in HR and Finance.
- Liaise with cross-government bodies and committees working on HR and Finance improvements.
- Work across Corporate Services to drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead on developing a HR and Finance governance structure to report, monitor and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Line management of at least 2 staff.
- Managing business or process change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance