G6 Head of Finance People Capability Transformation
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The role will lead an expanded team focused on building finance capability both within the DIT finance function and across DIT, both in the UK and Overseas.
- Work closely with the Finance Senior Leadership Team to create and develop a new Finance Capability Strategy for DIT.
- Lead a team to implement this strategy, overseeing the implementation of training programmes both within DIT Finance and across the department.
- Review and re-engineer how we provide expert advice as a Finance Function, overseeing an end to end review of Financial guidance.
- Liaise with cross-government bodies and committees working on financial capability such as the Government Finance Academy.
- Work across Corporate Services to build a ‘corporate services’ development offer to senior leaders across DIT.
- Lead on strengthening financial capability within the Finance team or across the Department, working closely with the Finance Senior Leadership Team
- Establish and implement change and transformation within the Finance team as well as across the whole Department
- Line management of 2 x G7s.
- Managing business change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support the proposed change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance