G6 Head of Finance Strategic Projects
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £59,453 - £69,418 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The role will lead the new Finance Strategic Projects team, providing dedicated finance support to significant projects across DIT.
- Build an in depth knowledge of the projects the Department is currently running, and an understanding of how that landscape could change, understanding the financial and control implications.
- Be the conduit between finance and the PCC governance process, and support the Finance Business Partners when new projects emerge.
- Working across the Finance function to ensure new projects are understood and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Understand the impact of financial and project decisions to influence the business to make better use of available funding.
- Embedding a value for money culture within the department and supporting financial decisions through the provision of advice and challenge.
- Working collaboratively and constructively with colleagues to support the development of business cases, ensuring that HMG controls and guidance are complied with.
- Represent finance on internal and external project boards
- Ensuring that internal control and governance procedures are understood and followed through the business case process, identifying early where issues may arise.
- Line management of at least 2 people.
- Managing business change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to drive better project outcomes.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
- Project Management or Finance experience
- Project Management and Finance experience
- Understanding of the principles of government accounting
Required Technical skills/qualifications:
- CCAB qualified is desirable
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance