G7 Finance Capability
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The role will be part of an expanded team focusing on building finance capability both within the DIT finance function and across DIT, both in the UK and Overseas.
- Lead on strengthening financial capability within the Finance team or across the Department, working closely with the Finance Senior Leadership Team
- Establishing and implement a financial capability strategy and training programme for the Finance team or wider Department.
- Support Finance trainees within the Department.
- Liaise with cross-government bodies and committees working on financial capability such as the Government Finance Academy.
- Identify finance capability gaps within the Finance Team or across the wider Department, develop and roll out training plan
- Support in filling vacant finance positions
- Help introduce and embed a finance talent management process
- Managing business or process change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
- Experience building capability across teams and functions
- A full or partial CCAB Qualification or equivalent – or equivalent experience
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance