G7 Fraud & Corruption Lead
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The capacity building in DIT Finance expands our counter fraud capability as part of a new Governance, Risk and Compliance function, focusing on building on the DIT counter fraud policy and process we have begun to embed across the department.
- This role is responsible for embedding a counter fraud culture and corresponding processes across the department.
- Owning the counter fraud relationship with Cabinet Office
- Owning the departmental Counter Fraud Strategy and Policy
- Developing proportionate counter fraud monitoring tools
- Working with stakeholders across the department to help them review and analyse fraud risk
- Providing expert fraud advice.
- Drafting fraud reports and dashboards for Executive and Ministerial Boards.
- Fraud experience (or similar, e.g. risk)
- Embedding new processes
- Developing and leading communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support the proposed change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
- Experience building capability across teams and functions
- A fraud qualification or equivalent experience
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus accountancy allowance