G7 Official Development Assistance (ODA) Project Lead
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Salary: £49,703 - £57,789 per annum*
As part of the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, and DIT’s Financial Transformation programme, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. This includes a new Financial Capability team to focus on developing financial capability across the department, the creation of a new Continuous Improvement function to drive change in our systems and processes, a new Finance Strategic Projects team to increase analytical and modelling capability and provide more capacity for Finance to drive DIT projects and change, as well as right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to Governance, Risk and Compliance, including counter fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The capacity building in DIT Finance creates a function to support the Department’s growing Official Development Assistance (ODA) – the UK aid budget – portfolio. This role will work across DIT to understand each ODA project and, working with partners across government, drive improvements to our finance processes and reporting structures to support effective ODA delivery.
The role will be part of the new Finance Strategic Projects team, providing dedicated finance support to significant projects across DIT.
- Evaluate existing processes and management controls to ensure they will support ODA reporting.
- Reviewing and improving financial processes to support ODA projects, making better use of existing technology.
- Design and build DIT financial policies and processes for ODA, enabling DIT to report ODA to our stakeholders.
- Provide assurance to senior leaders on DIT’s compliance with ODA riles, responsibilities, and reporting requirments.
- Finance adviser to the creation of new ODA projects including contributing to business cases.
- Establish a network of contacts across DIT to understand requirements and leverage skills
- Project manage change including lessons learned.
- Prioritise and manage potential improvements.
- Facilitate training on the Financial aspects of ODA with colleagues across DIT, including the wider finance team.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Excellent leader.
- A full or partial CCAB Qualification or equivalent – or equivalent experience.
- Using technology to automate or simplify processing.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support proposed changes.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
*plus £1000 accountancy allowance