IT Category Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 29/07/2019
Duration: 3 months +
Salary: £500 per day
Our client is one of the highest profile local authorities in Central London and is looking for a high calibre Senior IT Category Manager with a collaborative working approach to procurement. The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver service expertise within a large ICT transformation programme. You will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, whilst influencing at a senior level. You must have a track record in devising and implementing highly complex ICT procurement strategies and visions through strong leadership.
- Procuring and negotiating high value and high risk IT contractual agreements.
- Delivering own portfolio vision and lead delivery of annual IT category plans.
- Developing supply market whilst maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- Leading commercial best practise through stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Establish close working relationships with relevant stakeholders and local community.
- Delivering a cross functional approach by procuring and negotiating contractual agreements.
- Developing strategic sourcing initiatives and costing strategies within ICT procurement
Skills and experience required:
- MCIPS (or equivalent).
- Expert knowledge in the delivery of multiple high value and risk ICT procurement projects using Project Management techniques.
- ICT procurement transformation experience
- Analysing both financial and non-financial information to identify commercial opportunities.
- Knowledge of procurement legislation, tendering, contract management and supplier management.
- Ability to utilise technology such as e-sourcing, finance systems, and Microsoft packages
- Delivery of commercial Change Management initiatives including business process re-engineering
- Clear understanding and knowledge of new generation technology and cloud based solutions
- Ability to communicate with senior executives both verbally and in writing
- Proactive and dynamic approach to procurement
If you are interested in having a further discussion about the opportunity above, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 020 3031 9639 for further information.