LEAP Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 02/08/2019
Salary: £46,510 per annum
Lambeth Early Action Partnership (LEAP) is an innovative programme created to better the lives of thousands of children in the Lambeth community. Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and working with partners locally and nationally, LEAP is a ten year project that aims to support the social, emotional, communication and language development of babies and children, their diet and nutrition as well as parents’ wellbeing, their social networks and the strength of their communities and wider environment.
LEAP’s goal is to make Lambeth the best place in the world for a baby to be born and to grow up.
LEAP is hosted by the National Children’s Bureau (NCB), a leading national children’s charity.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Finance Business Partner with robust communication skills to take a lead on all financial matters for the £36m LEAP programme in NCB’s Practice and Programmes Directorate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for all budgeting and forecasting for the LEAP programme and supporting the delivery of its operational and strategic financial objectives;
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business and ensuring the programme’s budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Quality and timeliness of financial information, both to budget holders and senior management, as well as reporting for the funder;
- Managing the finalisation of the LEAP Capital Programme;
- Maintaining excellent financial Systems and Processes for the LEAP Programme, in close liaison with NCB’s corporate finance team, and continuously striving to improve processes and create efficiencies;
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA) with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified finance professional looking to make an impact in the sector and will provide an excellent platform in your career.
Application deadline: Sunday 18th August
Shortlisting: 23rd August
Interviews: 30th August
2nd Stage: w/c 2nd September
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to NCB@allenlane.co.uk or contact Bryony Feeney on 02035428393 for an informal conversation.