Programme Leader for Finance Transformation (Deputy Director, SCS1)
Sector: Central Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 13/08/2019
Duration: 2 years FTC
Salary: c.£75,000 per annum
The Department for International Trade (“DIT”) is launching an ambitious two-year Finance Transformation programme which will create a scalable, resilient and expert finance function, and include:
- Upgrading existing ERP solutions and improving shared services arrangements;
- Streamlining and automating processes and controls, and improving customer journeys;
- Implementing integrated planning and improved tools to provide better MI for decision-making;
- Upskilling finance colleagues and everyone across DIT responsible for managing resources.
The programme will be organised under three broad workstreams:
- Organisational Design and Change;
- Data and Systems (including the implementation of replacements to Oracle eBusiness suite in the UK and overseas);
- Policies and Processes.
A high level proposal for Finance Transformation has been endorsed by all levels of Departmental governance. The programme leader will be responsible for developing the full business case, mobilising a finance transformation team and leading the implementation of the programme.
The core programme team is currently being recruited and will comprise a PMO lead, and a lead and project manager for each workstream. The core team will be expanded based on the resourcing plan set out in the business case.
This is an exciting opportunity to establish and oversee a programme of initiatives to transform every aspect of the finance function and how colleagues across the department experience its processes, systems and services.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading the upgrade of DIT’s ERP systems and ensuring a smooth transition to a new version;
- Leading the Shared Service Strategy for DIT in order to deliver excellent customer service and value for money;
- Leading efforts to transform the service DIT receives from its shared services providers, to support the objectives of the Shared Service Strategy;
- Improving financial management and compliance across DIT by developing, implementing and embedding a wide range of initiatives to develop DIT’s financial management maturity;
- Overhauling processes and controls so that they are streamlined with greater automation and provide vastly improved customer journeys;
- Leading a review and refresh of DIT’s polices, including to ensure congruence with new processes;
- Developing a range of initiatives to improve the capabilities of the finance team and colleagues across DIT with financial management responsibilities;
- Ensuring change is adopted and embedded both within the Finance Function and more widely across DIT, and that the anticipated benefits of change are realised.
- 1 x PMO lead (Grade 6)
- 3 x Workstream leads (Grade 7)
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Confident inspiring leader with experience of leading transformational programmes and embedding change;
- Engaging communicator with experience of influencing stakeholders throughout the organisation;
- Programme professional who can prioritise competing demands;
- Energised and able to work at pace, creating momentum by delivering interim quick wins ahead of the bigger changes;
- Collaborative working style with ability to draw on the lessons learned from colleagues across HM Government.
- Working at a senior strategic level and leading senior stakeholders through a strategic programme of work;
- Leading organisational change;
- Experience of engaging with core finance and HR corporate processes;
- Experience of process re-engineering, Lean, Six Sigma, or equivalent;
- Experience of using systems implementation methodologies;
- Experience of deploying change management techniques.
- Experienced Programme Manager;
- Experience of working in a Finance Function;
- Experience using Oracle E-business suite or Cloud based technologies.
- Build momentum and deliver at pace.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634