Senior IT Project Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £45,585 - £48,492 per annum
Redbridge Council IT is undergoing a transformation within the IT department. We are looking for an individual with excellent Senior IT project management experience. Senior project managers are responsible for all aspects of delivery of assigned IT programmes and projects. You will be involved from the very beginning of the business case validation, creating a project brief, delivery plan and continuous progress reports on progress, ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget whilst pre-empting and problems or delays.
You will be proactive to ensure successful delivery of the projects entrusted to you, anticipating any potential problems or delays and taking to action to resolve.
Overall Role Purpose:
- Responsibility for all aspects of delivery of assigned IT programmes and projects.
- Ensuring that the projects you manage follow the council’s governance framework to ensure that all stakeholders understand how the project will be delivered and how decisions will be reached and communicated
- Ensuring that business cases, project briefs, delivery plans and benefits management plans are aligned to produce the outcomes which the sponsor and other stakeholders expect.
- Report on progress without at any time glossing over problems or risks to the delivery plan.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, the IT service and other effected parties to preempt problems and ensure that projects will be delivered within time and budget constraints.
- Work proactively to ensure the success of the projects entrusted to you, anticipating potential problems and delays and taking action to preempt them.
The IT service delivers projects initiated within IT and on behalf of business units, from a small core programme office, supplemented by temporary additional staff with specific expertise.
You will have:
- Breadth of understanding of IT problem management and industry standard framework.
- Assisting in the scoping and formulation of projects from initial ideas and aspirations of the business.
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting on delivery of assigned projects.
- Resource scheduling to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of the project.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, diplomacy and maintain good relationships with commercial partners who supply resources to project delivery.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.