Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 18/09/2019
Salary: £51,450 - £54,597 per annum
This new role in the authority provides you with an opportunity to make a big, practical impact on their infrastructure, from developing what we have, to bringing in new and replacement systems and hardware. You will work within the Infrastructure Team providing advice, guidance and design to the team and will be a key adviser to project teams in meeting the needs of particular business areas. You should have substantial Infrastructure & Public Cloud knowledge and be confident in your approach to design & implementation.
Role overview and purpose:
- To maintain oversight of the IT infrastructure and plan its development.
- To ensure that the IT infrastructure serves the current and future needs of the council, is resilient, secure and managed in keeping with current best-practice standards for the public sector
Infrastructure: the servers, phones, storage devices, networking equipment, PCs, external hosting environment, cables and connections which provide our IT services, and the software which enables them to work. Any failure in any of these may result in the council being unable to operate or meet its legal obligations.
You need to have:
- Exposure to TOGAF or equivalent methodologies
- Prince 2 or equivalent experience
- MCSE/MCTS or equivalent experience
- CCDP/CCDE or equivalent experience
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.