IT Problem Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £45,585 - £48,492 per annum
This new role in the authority provides you with an opportunity to setup an overarching analysis of recurring incidents, allowing the department to detect and resolve problems that cause repeat calls into the ServiceDesk and Support Teams. You will be working alongside the technical support teams within IT, as well as Vendors and Customers across the business to investigate and resolve problems to improve the service and customer experience.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To ensure that all problems reported to the IT service are resolved promptly and permanently.
- To minimise the number of incidents and problems reported to the service desk.
- To contribute to delivering effective IT services to all customers.
This role is a senior member of the Customer Support team with collective responsibility for delivery of excellent services to the customers of the council. The role holder will prioritise their workload to ensure that the overall objectives of the service are achieved before those of any individual. A large part of the role is desk-based with shared responsibility for providing continuous cover for the service. Part of the role will involve working with customers face-to-face, in the IT department or at customer locations.
You need to have:
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Technical qualifications or relevant experience across Application and Infrastructure realms
- ITIL Foundation or higher
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.