Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £48,492 - £51,450 per annum
Redbridge Council IT is undergoing a large and exciting transformation within the IT department. As part of this they are looking for an individual to provide support and development services for the council’s database systems and data storage. Availability, security and performance of the council’s data is critical to their ability to deliver services to the public. You will work closely with colleagues who are specialists in IT security, data analysis, reporting and system design, and with vendors who provide remote support to their major applications.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To act as the council’s subject matter expert in database administration, delivering maintenance and performance management routines for large applications.
- To provide support and development services for the council’s database systems and data storage
- Ensure these systems perform to the optimum levels of speed of access, reliability and security.
- Maintain the availability and consistency of council data.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that the council’s data is available and secure.
The council uses dozens of proprietary data applications and case management systems for delivery of statutory services, as well as internally developed, web-based systems using SQL. Availability, security and performance of the council’s data is critical to their ability to deliver services to the public.
You will have:
- High level SQL administration skills, which will allow you to assist with BCP/DR for database systems.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills to delivery technical documentation and maintain good relationships with colleagues.
- Planning experience for systems upgrades and testing.
- Experience of working with wider IT team to contribute to the assessment of new system or change proposals, to ensure a prompt decision on the viability of new systems.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.