Lead Communications & Network Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £51,450 - £54,597 per annum
They are strengthening their in-house infrastructure team to ensure we have the breadth of skills they need to manage and develop their mixed Azure / on premise estate. The scope of your work will include performance monitoring, fault resolution, security, responding to incidents and ensuring business continuity across our LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure.
Role overview and purpose:
- To ensure that the council’s network and telecoms infrastructure operates reliably 24/7 and is sufficient to the council’s needs.
- Supervises and develops the skills of other technical specialists.
- Ensures all problems with the council’s network and communications infrastructure are promptly logged, diagnosed and resolved, while keeping the department and the council as appropriate, informed about the status of all current issues.
The council is distributed across multiple sites in the borough and depends on the ability of staff to work flexibly from any location. It operates in a context in which resilience and security are critical to its fulfilment of its responsibilities.
You need to have:
- ITIL Foundation or higher
- Cisco official training or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
- Mitel telephony or equivalent VoIP knowledge
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.