Senior IT Support Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £34,74 - £36,711 per annum
Redbridge Council is strengthening its IT Service Desk and Desktop support teams to improve the service they provide to our 3,000 customers. To succeed in this role you must be an experienced Desktop Support Engineer with very strong technical skills, who wants to further develop their specialist knowledge in a Microsoft environment with a strong customer service ethos.
Overall Role Purpose:
- Ensuring effective IT services are delivered to all council users, internal and external.
- To provide guidance and leadership to less experienced colleagues, ensuring that customers are able to make productive use of council IT at all times.
- logging and managing incidents and requests, and a thorough understanding of ITIL standards
- Troubleshooting a mutltitude of IT issues across the council and it’s customers
The role is part of a support team with collective responsibility for delivery of excellent services to customers. The role holder will prioritise workload to ensure that the overall objectives of the service are achieved before those of any individual. A large part of the role is desk-based with shared responsibility for providing continuous cover for the service. Part of the role will involve working with customers face-to-face, in the IT department or at customer locations.
You will need:
- ITIL foundation or above
- Technical qualification in a relevant area e.g. SCCM, Microsoft MCSA/MCSD, Cisco CCNA
- Significant experience of IT or service desk support in a large, complex customer facing organisation
- Experience of working with a structured ITSM tool for logging and managing incidents and requests, and a thorough understanding of ITIL standards
- Proven experience in successfully delivering valued customer service
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 (maintenance, deployment and updates), SCCM, Active Directory including GPO’s, Microsoft Server 2012 and above, DNS and DHCP, Virtualisation technologies, Microsoft Office applications, O365 and Exchange administration, SCCM, In-Tune, VOIP telephony, Skype for business and PC hardware
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.